Who love fruits? Cakes? Matcha? or ALL? Another delicious vegan recipe from our friend @healthyveganseda. She has baked a beautiful carrot cake and used our traditional matcha powder to complement it with sweet matcha glaze. What a brilliant combination, right? Check the ingredient list and the recipe below, try it yourself and we would love to see your experience. Share it on your social media by tagging us and including #matchateriadk.
Thank you so much @healthyveganseda for the recipe!
For the carrot cake:
2 1/4 cups flour (I used 1 cup all-purpose, 1 1/4 cups whole wheat)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup apple persimmon puree (110 g persimmon pure, 80 g apple sauce)
1 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 cups grated carrots
For the matcha glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp high-quality matcha powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp soy milk
1 tsp lemon juice
Step by step:
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the carrots and stir until combined.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk all the glaze ingredients together until it is thoroughly combined and pour over the cake!